News ReleasesSee All News
Kateeva President & Co-founder, Conor Madigan, Named a Semifinalist for EY 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Northern Calif.)
EY announces Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017
Northern California Awards semifinalists
SAN FRANCISCO, April 3, 2017 – EY today announced semifinalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Awards in the Northern California program. As the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs, Entrepreneur Of The Year recognizes innovative trailblazers in more than 145 cities in 60 countries who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The semifinalists listed below were selected from nearly 60 business leaders nominated by a panel of independent judges. Finalists will be announced on May 15, and winners will be revealed at a black-tie awards gala on Friday, June 23, hosted by NBC Bay Area anchor, reporter and Press:Here host Scott McGrew at The Fairmont in San Jose, California.
The semifinalists are:
- 8×8 Inc. | Bryan Martin, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer and Vikram Verma, CEO | San Jose, California
- Adesto Technologies | Narbeh Derhacobian, President and Chief Executive Officer | Santa Clara, California
- Ambarella | Fermi Wang, CEO | Santa Clara, California
- App Annie | Bertrand Schmitt, CEO & co-founder | San Francisco, California
- Ardelyx, Inc. | Mike Raab, CEO | Fremont, California
- Big Switch Networks | Douglas Murray, Chief Executive Officer and Kyle Forster, Founder | Santa Clara, California
- Bill.com | René Lacerte, CEO and founder | Palo Alto, California
- Brillio | Raj Mamodia, CEO | Santa Clara, California
- C3 IoT | Thomas Siebel, CEO, Chairman, and Founder | Redwood City, California
- Center for Learning and Autism Support Services, Inc. (CLASS) | Denise Pollard, President / Chief Executive Officer | San Mateo, California
- Couchbase, Inc. | Bob Wiederhold, President, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Board | Mountain View, California
- CoverHound Inc. | Keith Moore, CEO & Executive Board Director | San Francisco, California
- Credible Labs Inc. (Credible.com) | Stephen Dash, Founder and CEO | San Francisco, California
- CrowdStrike | George Kurtz, President and CEO | Sunnyvale, California
- Doximity | Jeff Tangney, CEO and Founder and Shari Buck, Co-Founder and Vice President of Product Management | San Francisco, California
- Druva | Jaspreet Singh, Founder and CEO | Sunnyvale, California
- Entelo | Jon Bischke, Co-founder and CEO | San Francisco, California
- Financial Technology Partners | Steven McLaughlin, Founder / CEO / Managing Partner | San Francisco, California
- Five9 | Mike Burkland, President & CEO | San Ramon, California
- Full Circle Insights, Inc. | Bonnie Crater, President & CEO | San Mateo, California
- hint Inc. | Kara Goldin, CEO | San Francisco, California
- HotelTonight | Sam Shank, CEO | San Francisco, California
- Impossible Foods | Patrick Brown, Founder & CEO | Redwood City, California
- IronPlanet | Gregory Owens, Chairman and CEO | Pleasanton, California
- JLM Energy, Inc. | Farid Dibachi, Co-Founder & CEO and Kraig Clark, Co-Founder & Chairman | Rocklin, California
- Kateeva, Inc. | Conor Madigan, Chief Operating Officer, President & Co-Founder | Newark, California
- Lastline Inc. | Christopher Kruegel, Co-founder and CEO | Redwood City, California
- Leeyo Software, Inc. | Jagan Reddy, Co-founder, CEO & CTO | San Jose, California
- Liftoff Mobile, Inc. | Mark Ellis, CEO | Palo Alto, California
- Madison Reed | Amy Errett, CEO & Founder | San Francisco, California
- Metamarkets | Michael Driscoll, CEO and Founder | San Francisco, California
- Nevro Corp. | Rami Elghandour, President and CEO | Redwood City, California
- One, Inc | Christopher Ewing, CEO & President | Folsom, California
- Ooma, Inc. | Eric Stang, CEO | Palo Alto, California
- Opendoor | Eric Wu, Founder and CEO | San Francisco, California
- Peek Travel, Inc. | Ruzwana Bashir, CEO | San Francisco, California
- Proterra | Ryan Popple, President and CEO | Burlingame, California
- Qubole | Ashish Thusoo, Co-founder & CEO | Santa Clara, California
- RackWare | Sash Sunkara, Co-Founder & CEO | Fremont, California
- Smule, Inc. | Jeffrey Smith, Co-founder & CEO | San Francisco, California
- SST, Inc./ShotSpotter | Ralph Clark, Chief Executive Officer | Newark, California
- Tanium | David Hindawi, Executive Chairman & co-founder and Orion Hindawi, Chief Executive Officer & co-founder | Emeryville, California
- Tatcha | Bradford Murray, President, Co-Founder and Victoria Tsai, Founder, CEO | San Francisco, California
- Tradeshift, inc. | Christian Lanng, CEO, chairman, and co-founder | San Francisco, California
- TRX FITNESS ANYWHERE LLC | Randal Hetrick, CEO/Founder | San Francisco, California
- Vungle | Zain Jaffer, CEO & Co-Founder | San Francisco, California
- YOU Technology | Cheryl Black, CEO | Brisbane, California
To learn more about the Northern California program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/norcal. Join the conversation on social media by following us @EY_EOYUS and using #EOYNORCAL.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration in the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, November 18, 2017. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth ForumTM, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The YearTM Award in Monaco in June 2018.
2017 Northern California judging panel
The independent judging panel includes previous award winners, leading CEOs and private capital investors, and other regional business luminaries. Thank you to our esteemed judges, including Tom Bedecarre**, Founder & Chairman, AKQA; Laura Brege, Managing Director, Cervantes Life Science Partners, LLC; Joseph Bronson, Principal and CEO, The Bronson Group, LLC; Doug Chu, Co-Head of Listings, NYSE; Lisa Earnhardt*, CEO & President, Intersect ENT; Nils Erdmann, Vice President, NASDAQ; Chris Harris, Partner, FFL Partners; Kash Kapadia, Founder and CEO, Digital Directive; Marcin Kleczynski*, CEO, Malwarebytes; Jim Marggraff, Director, Product Management, Google; Rory O’Driscoll, Partner, Scale Venture Partners; Kathleen Utecht, Managing Partner, Core Innovation Capital; Dave Welsh, Managing Director & Head of TMT Growth Equity , KKR;
* Prior regional winner
** Prior regional winner and national finalist
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In Northern California area, regional Gold sponsors include SolomonEdwards; Silver sponsors include Chatham Financial.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year® is one of the world’s most prestigious business awards programs for entrepreneurs, chosen from an independent panel of judges including entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from business, finance, and the local community. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/sgm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US. For more information, please visit ey.com.
About Kateeva, Inc.
Kateeva makes breakthrough production equipment for manufacturers of advanced electronics technologies. The company has pioneered a precision deposition technology platform that uses innovative inkjet printing to deposit coatings on complex applications with blinding speed and superb accuracy. Kateeva’s YIELDjet™ manufacturing equipment solution enables cost-effective mass production of OLED displays. Today, the company’s YIELDjet™ FLEX system leads the market for flexible OLED mass production. Kateeva is headquartered in Silicon Valley, maintains operations in Korea, Taiwan, Japan and China, and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms and other investors. www.kateeva.com.
YIELDjet is a trademark of Kateeva, Inc.
Genuity PR for Kateeva
Tel: (408) 489-6391